[cairo] Cairo docker build fails due to missing pixman dependency

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Tue Dec 29 10:11:26 UTC 2020

Hi,

Am 29.12.20 um 10:34 schrieb David Faizulaev:
> I'm trying to upgrade an existing docker image, which used an old version of Cairo, to use latest Cairo, cairo-1.17.2.

since commit a34cb719c, cairo needs pixman 0.36. Before that pixman 0.30
was enough (required since cairo 1.14).

[...]
> (requires pixman-1 >= 0.36.0 https://cairographics.org/releases/)
> #12 8.802 configure: error: mandatory image surface backend feature could not be enabled

I guess your pixman is too old.

> The dockerfile is:
>
> FROM node:10.15

I never used docker and have no clue what I am doing, but Google gave me
[0] and this has version numbers from 10.23 to 15.5, so I guess your
base image is just too old for this pixman version.

[0]: https://hub.docker.com/_/node

[...]
> I searched for perhaps installing pixman using apt-get but was unable to find it.

The necessary package in Debian is libpixman-1-dev, but since you are
installing libcairo-dev, I guess that you already get the newest pixman
that is available with whatever distro this is using.

Cheers,
Uli
--
This can be a, a little complicated. Listen, my advice is... ask
somebody else for advice, at least someone who's... got more experience